Currarong Sewerage Scheme
The Currarong Sewerage Scheme was commissioned by Shoalhaven. The design, project management and construction supervision was undertaken by the Department of Commerce on behalf of Shoalhaven Water.
Select Civil was appointed the Principal Contractor for the works valued at approximately $10.2M expected to last for 12 months.
The scope of works at Currarong Sewerage Scheme was;
- The Currarong Sewerage Scheme was designed to manage the wastewater from residential area of Currarong Village including a Bowling Club and a caravan park.
- The wastewater collection system comprised of two catchments, (Western Catchment 1 and Eastern Catchment 2), serviced by a conventional gravity sewerage system and a pressure sewerage (PS) system.
- The wastewater transportation system consisted of three pumping stations and wastewater transfer mains pumped into the existing Callala RM 4 to discharge to Callala WwTP for treatment.
The works under the Contract where as follows:
- Construction of a conventional gravity wastewater collection system including gravity mains, maintenance holes, maintenance shafts, terminal maintenance shafts and vent shafts;
- Construction of wastewater transportation system including wastewater pumping stations, odour control systems and wastewater transfer mains;
- Connection of Rising Main 1A to Callala RM 4.